httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Sergeant <m...@sergeant.org>
Subject Re: Apache::Request param() problem?
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2001 19:53:22 GMT
On Wed, 3 Jan 2001, James Sheridan-Peters wrote:

> I posted this to the modperl list and it was suggested I report this as a
> potential bug here.
>
> I am pulling parameters from a POST method using Apache::Request, largely to
> make it easier to deal with multiple value variables.  The problem occurs if
> I have two variables, differentiated only by case (eg. wanthelp=<something>
> and wantHelp=<somethingelse>).
>
> Given the about pseudo-values, when using $apr->param('wanthelp') OR
> $apr->param('wantHelp') I get the same response, namely an array of two
> values <something> and <somethingelse> for each.
>
> Unfortunately, I have no control over what the variable names will be nor
> how many parameters they will have, so I must handle all possible cases and
> my understanding is that Apache::Table use is causing the problems here.
>
> Can someone confirm/deny this is a bug?  Thanks!

Yes, this is a "bug" of sorts, based on the fact that form element names
should be case sensitive (at least there's nothing in the HTML spec to say
that they are case insensitive, which is the case with everything else
that is case insensitive). However I can't imagine it getting a high
priority for getting fixed...

--
<Matt/>

    /||    ** Director and CTO **