httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe+apa...@sunstarsys.com>
Subject Re: libapreq Cookie API
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2000 22:11:53 GMT
Derek Simkowiak <dereks@realloc.net> writes:

>      Hello,
> 	I'm using libapreq .31.0 in a C module.  I need to use the
> Cookie functions to dink with Cookies.
>
> 	In particular, I need to be able to deal with the "Port" and
> "CommentURL" fields (see RFC2965 for details).  Looking at the
> ApacheCookie struct, I do not see those fields supported.

They're not supported, yet. libapreq hasn't changed in over 1y, so
modern standards are not included.  We are working to fix that.  It
might be a good idea if you subscribed to the apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org
mailing list, as your comments are certainly on-topic.

> 	Is there a more up-to-date version of the library that has support
> for these fields?  If not, is there someone who would be willing to help
> me implement those fields?  I'm getting paid to do this, so this has
> immediate priority for me.

Unfortunately, no.  I'm certainly willing to help with this, but if
you need to meet a pre-2001 deadline, I'd expect to be paid well for it,
too :)

> 	I'm a C coder, so I'd need help getting my changes into the Perl
> version of the library.  Also, I'd need help getting the documentation
> into the proper format.

I'm sure we can help with that, just post diffs to the apreq-dev list.

> 	Any help is greatly appreciated.  Is Doug MacEachern
> (dougm@cp.net) still maintaining this library, or has someone else taken
> over yet?

Jim Winstead is the new maintainer.  He's working hard on getting a
service release out there that fixes all old bugs, but I think he's
holding off on new features for the moment.  However, posting patches
to the apreq-dev@httpd.apache.org list would be most welcome.  One
of the expressed goals for apreq is for the library to be useful to
_all_ apache-related projects, not just mod_perl related ones.

HTH.
--
Joe Schaefer