httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Doug MacEachern <do...@covalent.net>
Subject Re: Making Apache::Request a singleton
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 18:21:17 GMT
On Tue, 12 Dec 2000, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> Can we make Apache::Request a singleton? Currently if you try to create
> one after it has been initialised once it fails to see anything in the
> POST data (because its already been read).

i think the new() method should stay as-is.  if somebody wants singleton
they should ask for it, via a singleton() method (or whatever name), or by
subclassing Apache::Request.
and, pnotes() should probably used rather than a global.  i don't think
subrequests should inherit the Apache::Request object for the main
request.