httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From dav...@prosa.it (David N. Welton)
Subject Hairy code...
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 21:45:30 GMT

Ok, so I've been looking at this code, and I'm not sure it does quite
what I need in order to abstract it out for mod_dtcl, for use with
multipart/form-data.

Here are some of my considerations:

These may or may not be relevant to other systems, like PHP (Rasmus
expressed some interest in using this code as well).

1) I really would like to be able to take a few files and use them
   directly in mod_dtcl, so that I don't have to link against this as
   a library, or cut and paste code.

This is currently problematic because apache_request.c contains a lot
of the code that actually parses up multipart/form-data.

2) In my original multipart code, I did one of two things with
   incoming data: A) wrote it out to a file and then handed the user
   the filename, or B) put it directly into a Tcl variable, depending
   on a configuration directive.  I would like the flexibility to be
   able to do something similiar.

And of course I need access to the regular variables passed via
multipart/form-data so that I may do Tclish things with them.

What say you?

Thanks,
--
David N. Welton