httpd-apreq-dev mailing list archives

From Jens-Uwe Mager <...@helios.de>
Subject Re: libapreq-0.31_03
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2000 18:41:39 GMT
I have previously send in to the mod_perl mailing list a patch to make
libapreq compile under AIX, but this patch was for the old version and
thus probably was not applied. I have redone the patch again but this
time relative to the current cvs repository of libapreq. This patch does
the following:

* If compiling using a non-gcc compiler the gcc __attribute__ feature
  gets defined twice, once by apache headers and once by perl headers.
  The patch undefs it inbetween so the compiler does not barf because of
  the redefinition.

* The function my_memstr c/apache_multipart_buffer.c attempts to perform
  pointer arithmetic on void * variables, which does not work in
  standard C as a void * has no size. I changed the pointers to unsigned
  char *.

* The header file apache_request.h does use a C++ comment which produces
  warning in a normal C compiler about extra garbage at the end of an
  #endif pre-processor statement, making this a C comment avoids the
  warning.

* AIX needs extra linker flags to cope with the special .exp file
  mechanism that defines the symbols to export for a dynamic shared
  object/shared library. The Apache::src module has a convenient method
  to retrieve these flags if needed.
--
Jens-Uwe Mager

HELIOS Software GmbH