htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Masatake Iwasaki <iwasak...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Attic podling Apache HTrace?
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2017 11:57:11 GMT
Hi Mike,

Thanks for putting this issue up.

 > Want to bring up a potentially uncofortable topic for some. Is it time to
 > retire/attic the project?

I would like to keep the project alive.
While we are silent for months,
many of the committers are still working on projects
using HTrace (such as Hadoop and HBase) and
we are capable to make new release if new major issues are found.

 > HBase is still on version 3. So is Accumulo, I think. Hadoop is on 4.1,
 > which is a good sign, but I haven't heard much from them recently.

I will look into HBASE-14451 again and try to make it move forward.
Since one of the intent of big change in HTrace-4 is
making better end-to-end tracing (e.g. from HBase to HDFS),
bumping HTrace in HBase up to 4 would reveal the next task.

Regards,
Masatake Iwasaki