htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Drob <md...@apache.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] Attic podling Apache HTrace?
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2017 17:00:49 GMT
Hi folks,

Want to bring up a potentially uncofortable topic for some. Is it time to
retire/attic the project?

We've seen a minimal amount of activity in the past year. The last release
had two bug fixes, and had been pending for several months before somebody
reminded me to push the artifacts to subversion from the staging directory.

I'd love to see a renewed set of activity here, but I don't think there is
a ton of interest going on.

HBase is still on version 3. So is Accumulo, I think. Hadoop is on 4.1,
which is a good sign, but I haven't heard much from them recently. I
definitely do no think we are at the point where a lack of releases and
activity is a sign of super advanced maturity and stability.

Your thoughts?

Mike