htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Colin McCabe <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Attic podling Apache HTrace?
Date Wed, 30 Aug 2017 21:41:04 GMT
On Mon, Aug 21, 2017, at 02:09, Raam Rosh-Hai wrote:
> I tend to agree that zipkin should be used as a frontend and I am pretty
> sure I will have some time to advance that in the coming weeks if one of
> the experts could create a few tasks.

Hi Raam,

If you're interested in this, check out the Zipkin trace sink.  That
allows you to send HTrace spans to Zipkin.

> I think no one touched the obvious thing that tracing lacks any kind of
> hype, it's just not glamours and in order to want to use such a framework
> you need to be versed in this world and to actually suffer from
> distributed
> debugging.

Yeah, I think this is an area where some publicity and outreach would be
a good thing :)

It would help a lot if we could identify some core use-cases, like Stack
said, and make sure everything works great for those.

Colin