htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Colin McCabe <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multiple htraced span recvers for C client on single machine
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2016 20:13:30 GMT
Hi Jason,

Hmm, that's a bummer.  It sounds like a bug either in htrace-c or
htrace-htraced.  Were the two htrace-c span receivers in the same
process, or in separate processes?  Can you give a little more detail
about the test and where it is hanging?

One easy experiment to try is to set up two separate htraced daemons on
different ports, and target the separate span receivers at distinct
htraced instances.  I think htraced is unlikely to be the problem,
though, since we've tested it accepting spans from a whole Hadoop
cluster.  My guess would be that it's probably something in htrace-c or
maybe in the test.

regards,
Colin