htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Colin McCabe <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: builds and automation
Date Mon, 03 Oct 2016 17:54:05 GMT
Hi Jake,

It's great that you're trying things out.  How does this compare to the
Ubuntu Dockerfile that we use for Jenkins?  It's checked in here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-htrace/blob/master/Dockerfile

It would be interesting to have a Dockerfile that also had a usable
version of Hadoop and HDFS installed, so that people could actually play
around with getting trace data and looking at it.  Or if not Hadoop,
some other distributed system that we could have tracing for.

best,
Colin