htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Colin McCabe <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Time for another release?
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2016 18:54:22 GMT
On Fri, Aug 26, 2016, at 07:06, Mike Drob wrote:
> HTrace devs,
>
> It's been a while since our last update, and it looks like there are
> several good fixes slated for the 4.2 version. What do you all think
> about
> releasing soon?

+1.

> There's a few issues that I think are close to wrapping up, or could be
> included soon, but I didn't see any blockers in JIRA. The only question
> in
> my mind is how close we are on HTRACE-376
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTRACE-376>.

I think it's ready to submit.  It makes HTrace more generally useful,
extending it to use-cases where you need finer granularlity than
milliseconds-- and it does it in a fully backwards-compatible way.  The
4.2 release probably would go more smoothly if we bumped HTRACE-376 to
4.3, though.

cheers,
Colin