htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Colin McCabe <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Span start and end times in nano time
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2016 20:02:26 GMT
Hi Pranavan,

I'm curious how your original email about $subject was generated; can
you elaborate on that?  Usually such emails are characteristic of spam,
but it sounds like yours might not be, based on your response.

The big question about adding nanosecond time support is how it would
show up in the span JSON.  The easiest way to do it might be adding a
new field in addition to the existing "milliseconds since the epoch"
field.

Nanosecond-granularity support sounds like a generally useful addition--
definitely open a JIRA if you are interested in this.

best,
Colin