htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Nisala Mendis <nisal...@gmail.com>
Subject development setup for Htrace
Date Tue, 31 May 2016 14:22:55 GMT
Hi all,

I was able to setup HDFS cluster as per [1] and HTrace service up and
running could access Htrace webapp. I would like to know the following,

1. How do I remote debug Htrace maven component ( Htrace-Core etc ) when
the code is executed by htrace service?
2. How do I modify a Jar associated with Htrace maven component (
Htrace-Core etc ). lets say I have made a modification to Htace core and
build the component using maven. How do I patch the htrace service to
reflect the change to Htrace-core? Where do I need to put that jar?

[1]
http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2015/12/new-in-cloudera-labs-apache-htrace-incubating/

Regards
Nisala