htrace-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin P. McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Gsoc 2016 with apache HTrace
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 18:22:46 GMT
Thanks for your interest, Madhawa!

As a next step, I suggest filing a JIRA on the HADOOP bug tracker.
This bug tracker is used for things in the "Hadoop common" subproject.
This is where the code for the s3 connector and other filesystem
connectors live.  Just add a few paragraphs of description of what
you'd like to do.

Note that Hadoop actually has three different s3 connectors at the
moment.  "s3", "s3n", and "s3a".  s3a is the most modern connector and
probably the one that you should focus on.  The other connectors are
older and we don't recommend using them.

The code is here:
https://github.com/apache/hadoop/blob/trunk/hadoop-tools/hadoop-aws/src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/fs/s3a/S3AFileSystem.java

Once you feel confident in the scope of your proposal, you can fill
out an application as described here:
http://community.apache.org/gsoc.html
See the "Application template" section.

There's a timeline here: