htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Sean Busbey <bus...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HTrace 4.1 release candidate 2
Date Mon, 22 Feb 2016 17:33:08 GMT
Is the expected overhead something like this:

# rolling upgrade of system with configs in place that disable tracing
# upgrade tracing service
# rolling restart of system with configs in place to re-enable tracing

An extra rolling restart just due to tracing does seem like a large request.

Does the tracing RPC have enough primitives that we could implement a
versioned handshake?

--
Sean