htrace-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin P. McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: git tag and branch naming
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2016 18:43:25 GMT
Thanks, Sean.  That sounds like a good idea.  I guess we can drop the
"-release" suffix then.  "rel/4.0" and "rel/4.0.1", etc. seem pretty
self-explanatory.  My main goal was just to make branches look
different than tags.  I would prefer to keep the "-branch" suffix on
branches just to make that clear as well.

Sean, would RCs also receive the "rel/" prefix, or not?  I'm guessing
not, since we don't need to preserve them forever.

best,
Colin