htrace-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin P. McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Release for HTrace/Drive Towards Graduation
Date Sun, 25 Oct 2015 19:39:33 GMT
On Oct 23, 2015 5:56 PM, "Lewis John Mcgibbney" <lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi Team,
> Quick thread from me here.
> What is required to get another release of HTrace?
> I see two issues are unresolved for 4.1 release

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTRACE/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:issues-panel

I think for 4.1, the new features are mostly in htraced... New metrics,
debug features, optimizations.  There was also some work on the zipkin
connector and some build and stabilization stuff.  What do you guys think
about a new release sometime next month?

> I also see the rest of the issues assigned against no fix version.

Hmm.  A search on target version would be better. We've been using "target
version" like Hadoop does, to indicate the version a JIRA is targeted at.
We've been leaving "fix version" unset until something gets fixed.

> One we sort this out then we could maybe think about touching the topic of
> HTrace and graduation.

I think we're making great progress with regular releases and the
community.  Agree that we should think about graduation soon.

Cheers,
Colin