htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Lewis John Mcgibbney <lewis.mcgibb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HTrace on Jira
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 06:48:30 GMT
Hi Colin,

On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 12:44 AM, <
dev-digest-help@htrace.incubator.apache.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure what you mean when you say that "most issues are not
> assigned to any release at all."  Pretty much every issue has a "fix
> version" which is the release it was fixed in, and an "affects
> version", which is the first release it appeared in.  Do you see any
> issues without those fields set?  If so, let's fill them in.

I mean the following. Take a look at the "Unresolved: By Version" area

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTRACE/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:issues-panel

Version            Issues
4.1                       3
Unscheduled       35

All but 3 issues are not even scheduled to be fixed for any particular
version. These should be assigned to the next project development drive
version should they not?

> One thing that frustrates me is that there is no "Target version:"
> field in our JIRA, like there is on Hadoop's JIRA.  I'm not sure what
> we have to configure to get a field like that.

I get your point. The above can be considered as synonymous to the Target
version your referring to. It serves the same purpose in this context.
Lewis