htrace-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin P. McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject 4.0.1 release
Date Sat, 19 Sep 2015 00:54:40 GMT
Hi all,

We found some blocker issues with integrating the 4.0 release with
Hadoop and HBase.  There is a really chatty log message in Tracer.java
which causes problems for people running commands like "hadoop fs
-ls", who generally don't want to see output on the command-line.
Also, since we used the same artifactId as HTrace 3, we have been
having some dependency issues with Maven.

We'd like to do a 4.0.1 release which fixes these problems and lets us
do the Hadoop / HBase integration as planned.  The only other changes
in this release will be a few build cleanups to improve the stability
and clarity of the build.

best,
Colin