htrace-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin P. McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject target version
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 18:03:57 GMT
Hi all,

We finally have access to a "target version" field on HTrace's JIRA.
We should start setting this field to indicate the release version
when we expect something to land.

The convention in Hadoop is to set "affects version" to the version
where the bug was found (or the earliest version where the feature
would have been nice).  "fix version" is either unset if the JIRA is
not committed, or set to the first version that had the patch.
"target version" is the version that the JIRA is targetted at, and
should always be set.  This should be helpful to let us know what's
targetted at what release.

best,
Colin