htrace-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin P. McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: From where will we cut 4.1.0?
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 18:20:53 GMT
That's a good question.  I think when the time comes for 4.1, we
should just create a new 4.1 branch from master, like we did with 4.0
and the earlier release branches.

The 4.0 branch was never really meant to be long-lived.... having to
do lots of backports all the time is annoying.  Also there is that "0"
in there :)

I like the idea of always keeping master in a releaseable state, which
making release branches off of master tends to encourage.

cheers,
Colin