htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Colin McCabe <cmcc...@alumni.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: Regarding Htrace webUI : Tool for visualizing tracing info with Phoenix Tracing Web App
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2015 07:00:40 GMT
Hi Dhruv,

Sorry about the lack of documentation on the web UI right now.  There
are going to be better docs and tutorials soon...  The HTrace 4.0
release will be the first release where this web UI is really
production-ready.

The HTrace web UI was started before the Phoenix trace UI effort.  We
did talk to the Phoenix folks about merging the efforts, but at that
time there wasn't much interest in doing that.  Perhaps there will be
an opportunity to share more code and ideas down the road.  Our goal
with the htrace UI is to provide a consistent UI for any htrace span
receiver-- accumulo, htraced, or hbase.

best,
Colin