htrace-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin P. McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: HTrace on Jira
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 18:50:07 GMT
On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 11:48 PM, Lewis John Mcgibbney
<lewis.mcgibbney@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Colin,
>
> On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 12:44 AM, <
> dev-digest-help@htrace.incubator.apache.org> wrote:
>

>> I'm not sure what you mean when you say that "most issues are not
>> assigned to any release at all."  Pretty much every issue has a "fix
>> version" which is the release it was fixed in, and an "affects
>> version", which is the first release it appeared in.  Do you see any
>> issues without those fields set?  If so, let's fill them in.
>>

> I mean the following. Take a look at the "Unresolved: By Version" area
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTRACE/?selectedTab=com.atlassian.jira.jira-projects-plugin:issues-panel
>
> Version            Issues
> 4.1                       3
> Unscheduled       35
>
> All but 3 issues are not even scheduled to be fixed for any particular
> version. These should be assigned to the next project development drive
> version should they not?

The thing is, neither "affects version" nor "fix version" reflect when
an issue is "targetted" to be fixed.  "target version" reflects that,
but our JIRA is missing target version at the moment.

My experience from the Hadoop project (and internal company uses of
JIRA) is that "Affects version" is simply the version which the JIRA
affected (always in the past).  "Fix version" doesn't get set until
the JIRA has actually gotten fixed.

Let me file an INFRA JIRA about getting an "target version" field.

best,
Colin