htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Colin McCabe <cmcc...@alumni.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: How to deal with "batch" trace?
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2015 02:25:06 GMT
Hi Kete,

Thanks for looking at HTrace!

I'm not sure I understand the question completely.  What information
would you like to trace?

HTrace maintains parent/child relationships, but a child can have
multiple parents.  This may be helpful in the case where you have a
span (like flushing a batch) that is logically the child of multiple
other spans.

best,
Colin

On Thu, Jun 4, 2015 at 2:10 AM, 杨克特(鲁尼) <kete.yangkt@alibaba-inc.com> wrote:
> Hi, all:   I have a situation when tring to use htrace. Say I have 2 threads, thread-1
takes data and put it into a queue one by one. Since I want to trace all these data so i create
a Trace&Span for each data and put it into queue alone with the data. Thread-2 will cosume
the queue periodically, each time it will take a small batch data from the queue, and process
these data together. How do htrace treat this situation if I want all the data will have a
span representing the "process time" even if this "process time" is a span for the batch.
Any idea? Thanks a lot.