htrace-dev mailing list archives

From "杨克特(鲁尼)" <kete.yan...@alibaba-inc.com>
Subject How to deal with "batch" trace?
Date Thu, 04 Jun 2015 09:10:56 GMT
Hi, all:   I have a situation when tring to use htrace. Say I have 2 threads, thread-1 takes
data and put it into a queue one by one. Since I want to trace all these data so i create
a Trace&Span for each data and put it into queue alone with the data. Thread-2 will cosume
the queue periodically, each time it will take a small batch data from the queue, and process
these data together. How do htrace treat this situation if I want all the data will have a
span representing the "process time" even if this "process time" is a span for the batch.
Any idea? Thanks a lot.
YoursKete Yang