htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Dimiduk <ndimi...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Github integration
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 18:41:21 GMT
Jake --

While I'm making requests of Infra, it would be super-cool if the
Pre-Commit bot could detect a PR the same way it detects a patch. Then we
could have our pre-commit scrips pull down the change, and run it like a
patch through the project's usual process. Better still would be if Apache
could provide a template for projects to follow. In another thread, I'm
adding pre commit for Phoenix, which is going to end up using a fork of
HBase's.. which is itself a fork of Hadoop's. One base script that does
most of the heavy lifting that we all can inherit from and extend with
project-specific additions would be really helpful, especially for when I
get around to adding pre-commit for HTrace too ;)

-n