htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Apache Phoenix Tracing Dashboard-jira issue PHOENIX 1118
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 19:52:30 GMT
On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 12:41 PM, James Taylor <jamestaylor@apache.org>
wrote:

> bq. So a web UI in HTrace itself would help more people than a web UI
> in just Phoenix
> You trying to poach our GSoC student, Colin? :-)
>
> The end goal is to provide a UI to visualize performance
> characteristics of an HBase cluster running Phoenix queries.

Where are you thinking this UI should live James? (Where are you thinking
the traces should reside? Would you want to query the traces table using
Phoenix?)

> If the
> information can't be related back to a query, then it's likely not
> going to be successful.

In HTrace, there is a means of annotating traces; phoenix could write the
query as annotation on the trace it had provoked. Would a UI that could
'front' these query annotations suffice?

Thanks,
St.Ack