htrace-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin P. McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Phoenix Tracing Dashboard-jira issue PHOENIX 1118
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 19:01:11 GMT
Hi Nishani,

It's great to see more interest in HTrace and Phoenix!

One thing I think you might be interested in is that, as Lewis and
others have mentioned, there is a project in the works to come up with
a web UI for HTrace.  Masatake, May, Abe, and myself had a meeting
about the HTrace GUI a few weeks ago, and came up with some ideas.
Keep in mind that Phoenix is just one project that uses HTrace.  We
also have HDFS, HBase, Accumulo, and others.  So a web UI in HTrace
itself would help more people than a web UI in just Phoenix.

There is a lot of code to be written on the HTrace GUI... what we have
now is just a beginning, I think.  I think it would be a great project
if you're interested.

best,
Colin