htrace-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin P. McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Github integration
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 17:53:40 GMT
Hi guys,

I have an objection.  In the past, I've found it frustrating to search
through github pull requests.  There is no interface (like there is on
JIRA) to search using any kind of structured query language, and we
don't have the tools to track things by release, contributor, etc.

If we start having some of our patch discussions on github, JIRA will
become a lot less useful.  We might run into a situation like on Spark
where people open multiple pull requests for the same thing, not
knowing about each other.  Or people have a discussion on JIRA, not
aware that a parallel discussion is going on on github.

I think we should take more time to think this through.  1 hour is not
enough time to decide to switch away from JIRA :)

best,
Colin