htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Masatake Iwasaki <iwasak...@oss.nttdata.co.jp>
Subject Re: Trace HBase/HDFS with HTrace
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2015 20:04:35 GMT
Hi,

Thanks for trying this. I am sorry for late reply.

I tried this today
by hbase-1.0.1-SANPSHOT built with {{-Dhadoop-two.version=2.7.0-SNAPSHOT}}
in pseudo distributed cluster
but failed to get end-to-end trace.

I checked that
* tracing works for both of hbase and hdfs,
* hbase runs with 2.7.0-SNAPSHOT jar of hadoop.

When I did do put with tracing on,
I saw span named "FSHLog.sync" with annotations such as
"syncing writer" and "writer synced".
The code for tracing in FSHLog worked at least.

I'm still looking into this.
If it turned out that tracing spans are not reached to
actual HDFS writer thread in HBase, I will file a JIRA.

# We need hadoop-2.6.0 or higher in order to trace HDFS.
# Building hbase from source with {{-Dhadoop-two.version=2.6.0}}
# is straight forward way to do this
# because the binary release of hbase-1.0.0 bundles hadoop-2.5.1 jars.

Masatake