htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject [VOTE] htrace-3.1.0, the seventh release candidate
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 07:59:42 GMT
I've posted our seventh htrace-3.1.0 release candidate here:

  http://people.apache.org/~stack/htrace-3.1.0-incubatingRC6/

Maven artifacts are here:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehtrace-1011

The main changes from RC5 are addressing Nick Dimiduk review feedback of
last RC.

The release is a src-only tarball for now. Later we can add binary bundles
to our release after we have better sense of what we as a project would
like to deliver.

This release is mainly a change of packaging from org.htrace to
org.apache.htrace to suit our new home here in Apache Incubator but it does
also includes 40 resolved issues [1] including the beginnings of an htrace
daemon whose intent is to make it so there is a low barrier collecting
cluster traces as well as a new flume receiver.

Beware that Apache Incubator, org.apache.htrace is not compatible with its
former self, org.htrace: the package name has changed but so has the JSON
serialization format. See README.md for a few notes on how to migrate.

Shall we make this release candidate our first incubator release?

Lets keep the vote period short (We'll have to run another vote over in
incubator general after this one if I understand the process properly).

Please vote +1/0/-1 by Wednesday, January 13th, 2015.

Thanks,
St.Ack

1.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20HTRACE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20resolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.1.0%20ORDER%20BY%20issuetype%20DESC