htrace-dev mailing list archives

From "Colin P. McCabe" <cmcc...@apache.org>
Subject HTrace integration for more HDFS client operations
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2015 08:30:50 GMT
Hi all,

I've got some good news that I figured I'd post to the list!  Today I added
a bunch of htrace integrating to HDFS, in
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-7189.  This patch adds tracing
for a whole host of DFS client operations, such as rename and delete.

Obviously this will be helpful for HDFS users, and it should also increase
our ability to follow HBase operations all the way back into HDFS via
HTrace-- for example when HBase is deleting or moving a WAL, etc.

The last big piece of HTrace integration for HDFS is integration into the
output stream (i.e. the write path).  This should be coming soon, so stay
tuned.

cheers,
Colin