htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Jake Farrell <jfarr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website: mvn generated or apache cms or....
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2014 19:34:18 GMT
cms has its advantages and drawbacks. I've used middleman, jekyll, maven,
and the cms to generate different ASF sites and so far the one that I
prefer for use is middleman. Having the ability to use markdown and live
local dev vs having to push to buildbot (which if down then no site updates
can occur). Example of middleman in use that I did is for mesos or thrift
(thrift also has a cms version since we tested them all out). we can switch
to whichever variant people are most comfortable with, just need to make
sure that its documented so any committer can update the site easily

-Jake