htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Lets make our first release
Date Sat, 27 Dec 2014 21:07:35 GMT
Ok. I've put up a pre-RC in case anyone wants to take a looksee at the
layout/form,  here [1] and here [2]. I'll go ahead and move these artifacts
to become our first RC tomorrow unless I get feedback otherwise (For first
release was going to do just a src tarball only. My thinking is we can do
binary artifacts later on when we have more doc and stuff better hookedup).

Thanks,
St.Ack

1. http://people.apache.org/~stack/htrace/
2.
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/htrace/

On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 7:11 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:

> Thanks Jake. We'd be lost w/o you. INFRA-8940
> St.Ack
>
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 3:19 PM, Jake Farrell <jfarrell@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> The project needs to be setup in nexus, can you create an infra ticket
>> with
>> the nexus component please
>>
>> -Jake
>>
>> On Tue, Dec 23, 2014 at 6:09 PM, Stack <stack@duboce.net> wrote:
>>
>> > I put up HTRACE-23 which has changes to build a src tgz.  I was
>> thinking a
>> > src tarball good enough for our first release out of incubator.  I was
>> > thinking we can do the binary tarball later when we have fancy htraced
>> all
>> > working.  Hows' that sound?
>> >
>> > Anyone have clue why I cannot publish htrace snapshot? Says 401 not
>> > authorized (see below).  I can publish hbase snapshots so unlikely my
>> > credentials are the problem.  Do I need to blessed for htrace?
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > St.Ack
>> >
>> > Caused by: org.apache.maven.wagon.authorization.AuthorizationException:
>> > Access denied to:
>> >

>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/htrace/htrace/3.1.0-SNAPSHOT/htrace-3.1.0-20141223.230636-1.pom
>> > ,
>> > ReasonPhrase: Forbidden.
>> > at
>> >

>> org.apache.maven.wagon.shared.http4.AbstractHttpClientWagon.put(AbstractHttpClientWagon.java:618)
>> > at
>> >

>> org.apache.maven.wagon.shared.http4.AbstractHttpClientWagon.put(AbstractHttpClientWagon.java:524)
>> > at
>> >

>> org.apache.maven.wagon.shared.http4.AbstractHttpClientWagon.put(AbstractHttpClientWagon.java:505)
>> > at
>> >

>> org.apache.maven.wagon.shared.http4.AbstractHttpClientWagon.put(AbstractHttpClientWagon.java:485)
>> > at
>> >

>> org.sonatype.aether.connector.wagon.WagonRepositoryConnector$PutTask.run(WagonRepositoryConnector.java:811)

>> > get

>> go

>> I'm

>> (Maybe I