htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject [VOTE] htrace-3.1.0, fourth release candidate
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2014 05:37:22 GMT
I've posted our fourth release candidate here:

  http://people.apache.org/~stack/htrace-3.1.0RC3/

Maven artifacts are available here:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehtrace-1005

RC3 has HTRACE-38 and HTRACE-34 and over RC2.

It is a src-only tarball for now. Later we can add binary bundles to our
release after we have better sense of what we as a project would like to
deliver.

This release is mainly a change of packaging from org.htrace to
org.apache.htrace to suit our new home here in Apache Incubator but it does
also includes 28 resolved issues (see [1] or below) including the
beginnings of an htrace daemon whose intent is to make it so there is a low
barrier collecting cluster traces as well as a new flume receiver.

Beware that Apache Incubator, org.apache.htrace is not compatible with its
former self, org.htrace: the package name has changed but so has the JSON
serialization format.

Shall we make this release candidate our first incubator release?

Lets keep the vote period short (We'll have to run another vote over in
incubator general after this one if I understand the process properly).

Please vote +1/0/-1 by Friday, January 2nd, 2015.

Thanks,
St.Ack

1.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20HTRACE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20resolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.1.0%20ORDER%20BY%20issuetype%20DESC

Wish HTRACE-6  TraceRunnable should expose the underlying Runnable, Billie
Rinaldi
Task HTRACE-31 more JSON serialization fixes, Colin Patrick McCabe
Task HTRACE-14 Bump version to 3.1.0-SNAPSHOT, stack
Task HTRACE-23 First cut at src release packaging, stack
Task HTRACE-8  Change our base package from org.htrace to
org.apache.htrace, stack
Task HTRACE-13 Fix htrace-hbase circular dependencies, stack
Impr HTRACE-16 Remove guava dependency for htrace-core, Colin Patrick
McCabe
Impr HTRACE-15 Rename SamplerFactory to SamplerBuilder, Colin Patrick
McCabe
Impr HTRACE-28 htraced: add web UI directory, Colin Patrick McCabe
Impr HTRACE-3  Move HTrace classes into the org.apache namespace, stack
Impr HTRACE-1  HTrace should have a factory method for creating trace
sinks, Colin Patrick McCabe
Impr HTRACE-2  HTrace should have a factory method for creating trace
samplers, Colin Patrick McCabe
Impr HTRACE-9  Add standalone htraced server, Colin Patrick McCabe
Impr HTRACE-18 "Add htrace-flume, which implements a SpanReceiver that
sends spans to Flume ", Long Zhou
Impr HTRACE-34. MilliSpan#toJson: avoid constructing a new ObjectMapper on
each call (cmccabe)
Bug  HTRACE-38 Add apache license header to src/main/site/markdown/index.md
(Colin Patrick McCabe)
Bug  HTRACE-36 Fix build problem with bundler.go on fresh checkout, Colin
Patrick McCabe
Bug  HTRACE-27 Make Span serialization to JSON consistent across htraced
and the java client, Colin Patrick McCabe
Bug  HTRACE-12 update README.md to describe SpanReceiver builder and
Sampler builder, Colin Patrick McCabe
Bug  HTRACE-19 First cut at website, stack
Bug  HTRACE-17 pom.xml cleanups, Colin Patrick McCabe
Bug  HTRACE-24 htraced: process id should be a string, Colin Patrick McCabe
Bug  HTRACE-7  htrace-core should shade its dependencies to avoid leaking
them on to client CLASSPATH, Colin Patrick McCabe
Bug  HTRACE-11 gobuild.sh should not use ldconfig if it doesn't exists
(like on MacOS), Colin Patrick McCabe
Bug  HTRACE-26 Fix wording in index.md docs, Colin Patrick McCabe
Bug  HTRACE-21 Fix invalid test condition in gobulid.sh, Masatake Iwasaki
Bug  HTRACE-22 fix golang unit tests, Colin Patrick McCabe
Bug  HTRACE-10 Fix Apache rat issues with the HTrace build, Colin Patrick
McCabe