htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject [VOTE] htrace-3.1.0, fifth release candidate
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2014 21:01:24 GMT
I've posted our fifth release candidate here (Thanks all for finding issues
in previous RCs):

  http://people.apache.org/~stack/htrace-3.1.0RC4/

Maven artifacts are available here:

 https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehtrace-1006

RC4 has 4 fixes beyond RC3.

It is a src-only tarball for now. Later we can add binary bundles to our
release after we have better sense of what we as a project would like to
deliver.

This release is mainly a change of packaging from org.htrace to
org.apache.htrace to suit our new home here in Apache Incubator but it does
also includes 32 resolved issues [1] including the beginnings of an htrace
daemon whose intent is to make it so there is a low barrier collecting
cluster traces as well as a new flume receiver.

Beware that Apache Incubator, org.apache.htrace is not compatible with its
former self, org.htrace: the package name has changed but so has the JSON
serialization format.

Shall we make this release candidate our first incubator release?

Lets keep the vote period short (We'll have to run another vote over in
incubator general after this one if I understand the process properly).

Please vote +1/0/-1 by Friday, January 2nd, 2015.

Thanks,
St.Ack

1.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20HTRACE%20AND%20status%20%3D%20resolved%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%203.1.0%20ORDER%20BY%20issuetype%20DESC