htrace-dev mailing list archives

From Colin McCabe <cmcc...@alumni.cmu.edu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] htrace-3.1.0, fifth release candidate
Date Wed, 31 Dec 2014 22:44:56 GMT
I verified the signature, untarred, ran mvn test with no problems.  I
did see that we are leaking a few jackson classes on to the CLASSPATH
in htrace-core:

jar tvf ./htrace-core/target/htrace-core-3.1.0.jar
  2487 Wed Dec 31 14:29:18 PST 2014
org/apache/htrace/fasterxml/jackson/core/util/MinimalPrettyPrinter.class
  8621 Wed Dec 31 14:29:18 PST 2014
org/apache/htrace/fasterxml/jackson/core/util/TextBuffer.class
  6419 Wed Dec 31 14:29:18 PST 2014
org/apache/htrace/fasterxml/jackson/core/util/VersionUtil.class
     0 Wed Dec 31 14:29:18 PST 2014 com/
     0 Wed Dec 31 14:29:18 PST 2014 com/fasterxml/
     0 Wed Dec 31 14:29:18 PST 2014 com/fasterxml/jackson/
     0 Wed Dec 31 14:29:18 PST 2014 com/fasterxml/jackson/databind/
   801 Wed Dec 31 14:29:18 PST 2014
com/fasterxml/jackson/databind/AbstractTypeResolver.class
  1506 Wed Dec 31 14:29:18 PST 2014
com/fasterxml/jackson/databind/AnnotationIntrospector$ReferenceProperty$Type.class

This could potentially be an issue because some of our users want to
use a different version of jackson than what we're using.  I posted a
fix at https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HTRACE-46.  Not sure if
this is worth spinning a new RC over.

Colin