horn-dev mailing list archives

From Craig Russell <apache....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HORN retirement question
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2017 14:42:05 GMT
Hi,

> On Jul 14, 2017, at 3:28 AM, John D. Ament <johndament@apache.org> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> For podlings so far, its been easy to decide how to retire them.  They've
> had releases and/or naming completed so we keep the source code around.
>
> HORN has neither a release nor naming.
>
> Should we delete the source repos or mark them as read only?

Attic pmc hat on.

Assuming that there was nothing to question the project's provenance, I see no need to delete
anything.

I'd recommend a tiny bit of due diligence and then mark the repo(s) as read-only.

I just looked at their dev archives and find nothing except a sudden loss of activity starting
February 2017. No reason to delete the code.

Craig

> John

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org