horn-dev mailing list archives

From "Edward J. Yoon" <edward.y...@samsung.com>
Subject Use vector instead of Iterable in neuron API
Date Fri, 26 Aug 2016 00:40:36 GMT
Hi forks,

Our current neuron API is designed like:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-horn/blob/master/README.md#programming-m
odel

In forward() method, each neuron receives the pairs of the inputs x1, x2,
... xn from other neurons and weights w1, w2, ... wn like below:

  public void forward(Iterable<M> messages) throws IOException;

Instead of this, I suggest that we use just vector like below:

  /**
   * @param input vector from other neurons
   * /
  public void forward(Vector input) throws IOException;

And, the neuron provides a getWeightVector() method that returns weight
vector associated with itself. I think this is more make sense than current
version, and more easy to use GPU in the future.

What do you think?

Thanks.

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon