horn-dev mailing list archives

From Zachary Jaffee <...@case.edu>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Community's development guidelines
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2015 20:35:57 GMT
I am familiar with rebase, instead of thinking of it as a distinct branches
being fused together with master, think of it as you are plucking the
branch you are rebasing off of and putting it on top of the master branch.
Generally the reason you'd want to do this is that your master branch is
very linear in its structure, rather than storing old branches, as old
branches, that were merged in. A good general git tutorial is
http://pcottle.github.io/learnGitBranching/ but look at some of the
tutorials that relate to rebasing, where there is one in most of the
categories.

--
Zach Jaffee
B.S. Computer Science