horn-dev mailing list archives

From Dongjin Lee <dongjin.lee...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Current status
Date Sat, 19 Sep 2015 11:58:43 GMT
Hi guys.

I found a cool tool for our websites: Jekyll[^1], the static website
generator. It is so simple and content-focused: it can be run on git
repository (because it uses any database!) and supports templates so that
separate our job with the web designer's one.

For last a couple of days, I compared some static website generators and
concluded that Jekyll is the most reasonable choice. It is mature, has the
greatest user base, and full of examples and tutorials[^2]. It is also
supported by github, and one of the github's site is also run by
this.[^3][^4]

Here is some demo website for Jekyll. I think until our logo and
site-template are done, it would be good to run our site with this
temporary form.

http://demo.getpoole.com/

All questions and comments welcome. Thanks.

[^1]: https://jekyllrb.com/
[^2]: http://joshualande.com/jekyll-github-pages-poole/
[^3]: https://help.github.com/articles/using-jekyll-with-pages/
[^4]: https://training.github.com/

--
*Dongjin Lee*

*Software developer in Line+.So interested in massive-scale machine
learning.facebook: www.facebook.com/dongjin.lee.kr
<http://www.facebook.com/dongjin.lee.kr>linkedin:
kr.linkedin.com/in/dongjinleekr
<http://kr.linkedin.com/in/dongjinleekr>github: