hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Raffael Herzog <her...@raffael.ch>
Subject Re: Array of String as parameter
Date Tue, 22 Jan 2008 11:51:17 GMT
Am Dienstag, 22. Januar 2008 08.43:51 schrieb hackaton:
> I am using HiveMind 1.1. Could I pass an array of String as parameter? If
> so what is its lightweight instance initialization syntax?

You could register a property editor for String[]. Unfortunately, there's no
way to ensure that such an editor will be registered before any other
HiveMind service is instanciated. You could e.g. create a configuration
point where one can register new property editors. You could then create a
contribution to hivemind.Startup that registers those contributed editors.
However, using this method, you'll have to be aware that there's no
guarantee that the new property editors are available in any class that
gets instantiated directly or indirectly through hivemind.Startup or
hivemind.EagerLoad.

If this is not acceptible, you'll have to register your editors in the
bootstrapper before you build the registry.

Cheers,
   Raffi

--
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is
no difference, but in practice, there is.

herzog@raffael.ch · Jabber: herzog@raffael.ch
PGP Key 0x5FFDB5DB5D1FF5F4 · http://keyserver.pgp.com