hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Multithreading in HiveMind
Date Fri, 07 Dec 2007 17:46:28 GMT
HiveMind doesn't create the threads.  But, it will help you make sure
that you aren't using instances of the service implementation across
threads (by using threaded or pooled service model).

On 12/7/07, Trasca Virgil <virgil_trasca@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I have a question related with how is multithrreading implemented in HiveMind. I know
that HiveMind tries to "take the responsibility" of  instantiating threads for the IoC components.
I am new to HiveMind and if what I am saying is wrong please correct me. But on the other
hand how is handled the following situation.

> I am trying to integrate Quartz (http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/) into HiveMind framework.
Quartz is also trying to manage the threads by his own claiming that the performance will
be better and the user will not have any headaches with complicated stuff. So HiveMind is
creating threads when he thinks is necessary in the same time Quartz creates some other threads
when he thinks is necessary...and maybe I will also come with some other threads that I will
consider I need. Is this a real risk to get a mess or I just don't have enough knowledge about
HiveMind and I am asking stupid questions?