hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "James Carman" <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Hivemind proxies in Hibernate
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 15:16:31 GMT
If you require wiring of "beans" (not hivemind services), I'd look for
an aspect-oriented solution.  The spring framework supports this
through the @Configurable annotation.  It wouldn't be too tough to
come up with something like that for HiveMind.  I did some work
enabling AspectJ and HiveMind
(http://svn.javaforge.com/svn/hivemind/hivemind-aspectj).  That could
get you started.  Basically, what you need is an aspect that can
autowire a bean given a HiveMind registry.  The trick is setting the
registry property of the aspect, but that shoulnd't be too tough with
a custom factory of some sorts (like I do in hivemind-aspectj, but
you'd just set the registry property on the aspect instance).