hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Jean-Francois Poilpret" <jfpoilp...@yahoo.fr>
Subject RE: Lightweight Instance Initialization
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2007 02:56:31 GMT
Hello Clive,

If the problem cannot be solved I would suggest you take a look at HiveMind
Utilities project: in the hiveutils module, there is the "ObjectBuilder"
service that enables you to create (through configuration in hivemodule.xml)
any POJO (no need for interface, no limit on kind of POJO). The only
difference with HiveMind for POJO is that it does not allow you to set
interceptors (I use it mainly for "small" POJOs in my GUIs).

Cheers

Jean-Francois

-----Original Message-----
From: walmsul [mailto:cwalmsley@novantas.com]
Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2007 4:35 AM
To: user@hivemind.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lightweight Instance Initialization

Hi,

Has anyone reached a conclusion to this?  I'm having the same issue using
hivemind 1.1.1.

It works fine if I don't specify the property, but as soon as I do I get the
same error as Hugo.  So I know the classpath is fine.  I know I'm missing
something, and I'd appreciate any help at all.

Here is the code.

My class:
public class Monkey {
    private String limb;

    public Monkey() {

    }

    public void setLimb(String s) { this.limb = s; }
    public String getLimb() { return this.limb; }
}

hivemodule.xml create-instance node (works):
<create-instance class="com.novantas.xml.Monkey"/>

hivemodule.xml create-instance node (doesn't work):
<create-instance class="com.novantas.xml.Monkey,limb=leg"/>

I have even tried putting 'limb' as a constructor argument to no avail.
Many Thanks

Clive