hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Jochen Zimmermann" <zet4...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Pipelines, Threaded services - is there any more documentation?
Date Sat, 07 Apr 2007 11:29:52 GMT
Hi Johan!

Thanks for your answer!
According to your answer I think the servlet filters describe more of what I
need than the pipelines ... right now I solved it with a service that
includes my three other services (injected by the framework of course) and
handles the forwarding of the results. That works for me, I was just curios
if the pipelines are meant to do something like that.

To come back to the documentation:
It was not my point to offend anyone involved in that project or the project
itself (just to say it again :-)
There is good documentation to get started, the most useful part is the
calculator example.
Beyond the example there is enough documentation to get an idea what you can
do with Hivemind, but the explanation is to general ....

Concrete example: Multithreading service model:
It is explained how it works generally and then there is the following
sentence in the documentation.

"The service instance is discarded when notified to cleanup; this is
controlled by the hivemind.ThreadEventNotifier service. If your application
has any threaded services, you are responsible for invoking the
fireThreadCleanup() method of the service."

I really, really tried to work out how to do this with research in the
internet, but I still can't do it .... and there are some more things like
that in the documentation: it is mentioned, with some hint how to do it, but
to vague to do it immediately.

Perhaps it is really easy to do, but with just about 5 days Hivemind -
experience it is not ... :-(
Just some more concrete coding examples would be really great!
If I ever find out how to do the task mentioned above I will work out an
easy example and post it as you suggested, I promise this :-)

Regards
Jochen