hivemind-user mailing list archives

From adasal <adam.salt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Can hivemind provides dynamic loading of new modules
Date Fri, 08 Dec 2006 10:43:16 GMT
Take a look at this thread:-
Spring vs Hivemind on Tapestry users <users@tapestry.apache.org>
This differences are discussed in some detail.

I would like to load new modules dynamically without restarting the whole
> system, can hivemind do it?

This depends on what you are doing. There ae different ways in which jars,
modules and config files interact. What do you mean by 'load'? load into
what? In a complex application it is possible to redeploy reconfigured  or
versioned componants without restarting the whole application. This
behaviour is also determined by the behaviour of the whole application. It
amy not be possible to do this practially in a production environment if,
for instance, this impacts on the data being used, which may not be a
concern in development. So the answer is that it depends, but the mechanisms
are there.
Adam Saltiel