hivemind-user mailing list archives

From Norbert Sándor <develo...@erinors.com>
Subject Re: development progress...
Date Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:06:47 GMT
Thanks!

About the hivedoc problem: what about using a solution similar to
Tapestry? Tapestry has a runtime model of the available libraries,
components, etc.
Hivemind should have a similar model where for example available modules
could be enumerated from code. Each such module "descriptor" would be
aware of its id, version, contained services, configuration points,
textual description, etc.

This way hivedoc would have 2 passes:
1. first building the model by running hivemind itself (by starting the
registry)
2. hivedoc would enumerate the available modules, services, etc. from
the runtime model explained above, and use a custom javadoc doclet to
read the javadoc documentation of them from the java source files

I use a similar solution in tapdoc (which is a documentation generator
for Tapestry supporting annotation-based components as well) which seems
to work well.
If the new hivedoc would be designed with this new-style doc generation
in mind then it could be much painless.

Regards:
Norbi