hivemind-user mailing list archives

From "Jean-Francois Poilpret" <jfpoilp...@yahoo.fr>
Subject RE: Wicket Integration
Date Wed, 20 Dec 2006 00:45:04 GMT
Hello Joel,

You might consider using HiveMind Utilities' hiveutils module, which
provides one HiveMindRegistryPublishFilter (servlet filter) that works in
combination with HiveMindFilter (it must be chained AFTER HiveMindFilter).
It provides one static method getRegistry() that returns HiveMind's
Registry.
Although the original need for me was to be able to access the Registry in a
SecurityFilter realm (which is not passed anything but user/password), I
think your situation is a a prefect fit for it too.

Note that hiveutils module has a lot of other things, if you don't need them
please free to get only the HiveMindRegistryPublishFilter class out of it
and include it in your own jars, it has no dependency on anything (except
HiveMind of course!)

Cheers

Jean-Francois

-----Original Message-----
From: joeltt [mailto:joel@harpsoft.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2006 2:58 AM
To: user@hivemind.apache.org
Subject: Re: Wicket Integration

If I take your last approach, will Hivemind be able to handle thread
clean-up and such if I don't use the HiveMindFilter (that is, I don't set it
up in the web.xml)?

I'm guessing your option to subclass HiveMindFilter is the most correct one,
although I'm vague on where to store the registry into the ServletContext,
and whether the sequence of bootstrapping will work correctly?

Thanks,
Joel