hivemind-user mailing list archives

From <Thomas.Vaug...@usitc.gov>
Subject RE: where to put hivemodule.xml
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2006 13:31:44 GMT
I have my Tapestry/Hivemind configuration setup such that hivemodule.xml
is sitting right in WEB-INF folder.

I didn't need to configure anything special to make the app "notice" it
there; I think that's a standard searched-for location for the
hivemodule.xml configuration.

Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Ross [mailto:edross15057@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 14, 2006 9:27 AM
To: user@hivemind.apache.org
Subject: where to put hivemodule.xml

I'm just starting a project using tapestry & hivemind and run into my
first problem

I'm using maven & eclipse to build the project.  This implies several
smaller projects that are combined.

Example:

    model-project - product a jar
    doa-project - produces a jar
    services-project - produce a jar
    services-imple-project - produce a jar

and a web project

    web-project - produce a war file

While in development, rather than produce jar files and a war file, I
deploy to tomcat with an exploded war (all classes - the four above
projects that produce jars, are also put in as classes so debug and hot
deployment works).

this causes a problem.  If I have a /METE-INF directory in each project
with a hivemodule.xml file in each, when I deploy, only the last one
wins.

If I put the hivemodel into any other directory, the modle is not picked
up.

Is there any other location the hivemodle could be deployed?

thanks

--
Ed Ross
edross15057@gmail.com